Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ca 2+ binds troponin which binds tropomyosin and allows actin myosin interactions...

I would first like to state that I do not enjoy Nickelback.

Now that that's out of the way, finals are over. Finally. I had my biology final this morning, which meant I spent 14 straight hours studying yesterday. And let me tell you, I get really silly after 14 straight hours of studying. At one point I lost adhesion with my chair and metastasized down the hallway.

At hour 8, I started making little signs to put on the table I was studying at that marked where I was: "Hour 8 - Egf, Grb2, Sos, Ras, Raf, Mek, MAP Kinase" or "Hour 10 - axon depolarization." It made me laugh a little and also informed everyone else in the dining hall of just much of a crazy bio geek I am.

Anyways, I felt like I had a little timer over my head counting how long I had been there, which reminded me of a music video. The person I was studying with had no clue what I was talking about, and after 14 hours even I wasn't quite sure. But now that my finals are done and I can actually breathe, I found it.

It does, however, remind me how much Nickelback makes my skin crawl. I don't know what it is about bands like that (Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, Daughtry) but I just can't stand them. However, Nigel Dick made a pretty cool video with an interesting concept, so here it is:

No comments: