Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Eek!

It has been a week since I last updated, and while I'm 98% positive no one actually reads this anyways, that little 2% is screaming at me.

My past week in music blurbs:

- "I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love" shows all of the potential that MCR had when they first started, but none of the songs are really amazing on their own. However the enhanced CD came with a video of "Honey This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For the Two Of Us" that was equal parts creepy and film school project. It kind of worked.

- Max Beemis is weird. But he wrote a song called "Shiksa," and I'm a Catholic girl at a Jewish school, so he wins bonus points. (According to the website, new CD in 2009!)

-Amanda Palmer is batshit crazy and I love her for it. I wish I hadn't missed her in Boston. She wrote an Op-Ed for AP Magazine in which she encouraged people coming up to her in bars and handing her money, and making out checks to "Amanda Fucking Palmer."

-I bought "A Rock Tribute to Weezer" at the Newbury Comics in Harvard Square because it had Midtown covering "Suzanne." Which was awesome. In general, the CD proved that Weezer writes songs that can be converted and translated into different genres and styles while still holding up musically and lyrically. However, hearing Affinity scream "My Name is Jonas" was a little jarring.

No comments: