Thursday, March 26, 2009

No one ever suspects surprise death indie.

I spent last night at the Middle East. I got my times messed up and showed up 45 minutes early, making me that awkward girl standing alone in the corner. I was there for Akudama, and they were good, despite problems with the lead singer's guitar. However when the second band got up, looking like nice indie boys, and started screaming about death, I decided Close Friends was not for me. Sorry Ezra Furman and the Harpoons, but I left before you even started because I just couldn't deal with the screaming any more. Then I argued with the bar tender over the fact that yes, I did in fact need a green ticket to have my parking validated, yes the green tickets exist, they're over there on that shelf.

This better not be indicative of my 2009 concert life.

No comments: