Friday, April 17, 2009

But I Love That Dirty Water...

I smell like beer and peanuts, and my hands are sticky from cracker jacks. Only one of those is something that I indulge in, but after spending the night at Fenway it doesn't make much of a difference anyways. They let up 7 runs in the second inning, but rally caps and Wally (and Papelbon in the 9th) pulled us through to a 10-8 victory.

Which brings me to Fenway music. Self-indulgent, Boston glorifying rock. The best, of course, they play after a win. "Dirty Water" by the Standells.



Also important is "Tessie" by the Dropkick Murphys. They redid the song in 2004, the year we won the World Series, and made a fabulous Irish punk rock ballad about a trolley car and loyal fans of days gone by.



But when they bring in Papelbon, one of our beloved pitchers, the entire park stands up and claps. And sings. And pretends to be Irish:


Finally, the middle of the 8th. I hate this song. But, it's tradition:

No comments: