Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tiny Tiny Music

I do not have an iPod. I have a Sansa Fuze, and I love it. But I was browsing around on the Apple store this morning (What? I like Final Cut, okay?) and found this.

It's the new iPod shuffle. And I have a few problems with it. First, I would lose that thing. All the time. It's too tiny. It's smaller than that girl's pinkie finger. Also, the controls are on the earbud cord, which would tick me off. I have found only one pair of earbuds that I've ever been able to stand (off of my really old iRiver), and I rarely use them. I'm a headphone fan. But I couldn't use headphones with the shuffle because I wouldn't be able to switch songs or change the volume. I understand that if you're using a tiny mp3 player you probably wouldn't be using huge headphones, but it's still annoying. Also, I don't want my mp3 player to talk to me. I find that a little strange.

And why is the Mac voice a man while the PC voice is a woman? What is the point of that? Is there a point to that?

I'm in the campus center right now and the fire department has a robot dog that is currently driving a mini firetruck around the atrium. I have no words.

1 comment:

Ben said...

I guess $70 these days gets you an MP3 player that talks to you and only accepts Apple brand headphones.