Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Could Break Your Heart

Lady Gaga followed me to Germany - everywhere I went, "Poker Face" was playing. I can't stand Lady Gaga - if you took away the big blond hair and the skimpy outfits, all you'd be left with is over processed, repetitive songs. Bleh.

Upon returning to the United States, I spent an evening baking sugar cookies with my best friend and dancing around her kitchen, jetlag in full swing. She ended up playing me "I Could Break your Heart Any Day of the Week" by Mandy Moore. The song has been stuck in my head ever since, so I looked up the video. I'm a little disappointed with it; the entire plot is Mandy Moore watching a karate practice, and then kicking some guy in the balls just because she can. I guess we're supposed to assume he did something to deserve it, but I can't figure out what. However, I have a third degree black belt in TaeKwonDo, and spent the entire video going "Look! Kamas! Crescent kick! Scissor kick!" so I was almost alright with it.

Off to another day in the lab. Fruit flies, here I come.

No comments: