Friday, May 8, 2009

What?

I'm packing for a trip to Germany and Switzerland, and I'm throwing stuff in a bag and trying to find travel size everything and looking for my umbrella and, in the mix, found the new song from Cobra Starship. "Good Girls Go Bad" with Leighton Meister (click on the Cobra Starship/ World Premiere link).

I don't like it. It's like everything else on the radio right now, and I listen to bands like Cobra Starship because they're NOT like everything else on the radio. Now, Leighton Meister holds her own with the song, she sings it well. And Cobra Starship knows how to make catchy songs. It's catchy, it's poppy, it reminds me of Gwen Stefani. But it doesn't sound like a Cobra song, it sounds like a pop song. Ryan Seacrest made the comment that it would be the "song of the summer." It might be, but it would make me a tiny bit sad to see Cobra Starship get their big blow up press for this when they have so much that is far, far better. I'm not one of those people who wants to keep my favorite bands unknown - sure, I love seeing small club shows, but I also love seeing good bands hit it big and get successful. But if this is what makes people stop and look at Cobra Starship, I'm afraid they'll just turn right around and stop listening.

Okay. Off to Europe.

No comments: