Friday, July 31, 2009

Creepy Babies on Rollerskates

I may have mentioned on here before that if, by some miracle, I do spend my life making music videos rather than discovering sciencey things (I have made honest to god scientific discoveries this summer, but I can't tell you about them because we haven't even started writing a paper and my PI is paranoid people will steal our research. So cool!) I will have to supplant my income by also making advertisements and commercials. This is more than alright by me, as it gives another outlet for short creative bursts that make people feel something - you want them to want your product so that you make money so that you can eat so that you can go out and make more videos and make them feel something all over again.

Anyways, Evian has recently put out an ad about how drinking Evian makes you feel young. Apparently they mean really young, like fresh out of the womb and hip hop rollerskating young:



The video kind of gives me the heebie-jeebies. There's just something about computerized babies acting like adults that always freaks me out. There was a series of online investing commercials last year that featured a talking baby and I couldn't watch them without feeling weird. I dunno. But there's a behind the scenes video that really makes you appreciate how much work goes into making a 60 second clip. There are CGI artists, actual camera operators, business meetings, live babies, plastic babies, professional rollerbladers, green screens, executives, directors... the list goes on. It's a lot of work to make one creepy commercial, but it looks like fun.

No comments: