Friday, July 10, 2009

Lately It Seems Like Everybody's Sick

I absolutely do not want this blog to become filled with posts following the unfolding of the Panic! at the Disco drama. But there is new music, and I'm all about that: http://www.panicatthedisco.com/

It's a demo, so it's unfinished. I feel like they need to slow it down just a little - they can still keep the fast pace but at the moment it sounds as though they're anxious, trying to get the words and beats out too quickly. The lyrics aren't bad, though they sound like they've taken a lot of direction from Pete Wentz. "Oh Glory" could be a good song, and it sounds like a return to the old Panic! (plus !) with a slightly more upbeat note. I can't wait to hear what the new single and album sound like, and I'd love to have more than 15 or so seconds to judge the music from. It could be going in the right direction.

No comments: