Friday, September 4, 2009

Make it Mine

Watching the new episode of "The Pop Show" this morning (which is still kind of meh. "Hollaback Girl" and a video by T.I. and an interview with Kristinia DeBarge and it doesn't all mesh well) and I wasn't paying much attention to Jason Mraz. He's cool and all, but it's not really my style of music, so it was just kind of playing in the background of my computer. Then I started to notice things.

"I've been on that bridge!" "I know that street!" "Nowhere else in the world has water that color."



A sign at one point says Amsterdam, but this was absolutely filmed in Munich. The river he's surfing runs through the English Gardens, the same park that houses the huge pagoda behind him when he's eating a pretzel. The trolleys and the streets and the churches. That gigantic lobster in the market! I was in Munich in May, and absolutely loved it. I didn't expect Germany to win a spot on my favorite countries list, but it is absolutely gorgeous.

I want to go back.

No comments: