Saturday, December 12, 2009

Oy is just Yo backwards.

So I'm Catholic, but my roommate is Jewish. This means it's Chanukah in our apartment! The menorah is right in front of our purple Christmas tree and I love it.

Yesterday morning we went Jew shopping - there's a fabulous Kosher Store in Brookline, The Butcherie, and we bought everything we need to make latkes tonight. We bought challah dough that is currently rising on our table, ready to be baked, and jelly doughnuts. Then we went next door and bought gelt and a dreidel and gorgeous Chanukah candles and everyone was so excited and wished us a Happy Chanukah and it was so much fun.

You'll have to excuse me. I've been studying biochem all day and I'm going a little crazy. Ahem.

So to get in the mood for our mini Chanukah party tonight, I've found Chanukah music! And no, this is not Adam Sandler stuff. This is, first and foremost, The Leevees! I saw them at the Yule Ball last year and loved them. They are all members of other real bands, but they come together to make Chanukah music and it makes me smile. You can check their music out on their website - I recommend "Applesauce vs. Sourcream." So awesome.

And this is the most ridiculous Chanukah song ever. It's a cover of "Hey Ya" by Outkast done as an epic Chanukah song. It's by Eric Schwartz and it's hysterical. You must listen to this song.

Happy Chanukah!

No comments: