Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Summer of The Academy Is...

In my head, my life is divided, sorted, and filed in color coded boxes and folders and pages. It's easier to shuffle through memories, easier to deal with the hard stuff, if you can just find it and place it and put it away for later.

Every time period has music associated with it, songs and albums that can recall emotions faster than words or pictures ever could. It's jarring, occasionally, to have my mp3 player on shuffle and have a song pop up that suddenly fills me with emotions I'd forgotten existed. It's heart-wrenching, heartbreaking, and fills me with bouts of sudden longing for months or seasons, days or hours, that will never come back.

I want this portion of my life back. I want to feel like this again.




No comments: