Friday, February 26, 2010

This week was insane. This weekend is going to be insane. My life is currently being pulled in all different directions, and sometimes I feel like maybe I'm wearing myself down just a little too much. Then suddenly, good things happen from all sides, each direction reminds me why I love it so much, and I can't think of any other way to live my life.

"Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up":

Amanda Palmer sang a hilarious song about a lover who loves Vegemite in Australia:

(I love Amanda Palmer. She is hysterical and spot on and has such an amazing view of the world. She tells the best stories both in her songs and in her dialogues.)

This one time, I went to England. They had mailboxes like this. I love contradictions, like a punk rocker with flowers in my hair:


The only way to deal with the stress is to just let it go. The only way to let it go is to dance. And so I spent a lot of this week dancing to this:



And just because I can, here's a Marc Webb video that I stumbled across today. I used to love this video, the video for "Miss Murder" by AFI. I'm such a sucker for a good bass line. And bunnies. And Marc Webb. And striking contrast and angular hair and architecture and powerful videos. This is the full, director's cut version, with a longer intro that explains the piece of paper Davey pulls out of his mouth at the beginning of the videos.


(I have mixed emotions on Vevo. On one hand, they let me embed high quality videos. On the other, they seem to be dominating the online music video industry at the moment. Hmm.)

PS I know it's been a little slow around here lately, but fear not. There's change in the air. Concert reviews, personal musical babblings, and the things I love most about music will remain here. But soon they might be mixed with links to band interviews and a different edge to my musical world. You just stay tuned.

No comments: