Tuesday, March 23, 2010

American Slang

The Gaslight Anthem just posted their new single, "American Slang" off of their similarly titled new album on their Facebook page.

It's true rock music, great guitars and Brian Fallon's honest vocals. I love their ability to tell a story through their songs and their ability to make you feel what they're feeling. They don't disappoint with this song. I can see them playing this live, absolutely. I really like the beginning, the drum and guitar lead into the song.

"And they cut me to ribbons and taught me to drive, I got your name tatooed inside of my arm, and I called for my father but my father had died, and you told us fortunes in American slang."

The track listing and album art are also now available on their page. The album art is blue photographs of Jersey, and it is very true to who they are. Track listing is as follows:

American Slang
Stay Lucky
Bring It On
The Diamond Church Street Choir
The Queen of Lower Chelsea
Orphans
Boxer
Old Haunts
The Spirit of Jazz
We Did It When We Were Young

I'm very excited for this album, but more for the tour they're going to have to do to support it. The Gaslight Anthem show I went to last October is tied for my favorite show of last year, and I can't wait for it to happen again!

No comments: