Saturday, March 20, 2010

This Isn't Fall Out Boy

Patrick Stump previewed some of his new solo material at SXSW recently.

I want to be there so badly. I swear, I'm tempted to spend a large portion of my year off after college going to all the music festivals I've never been able to, and SXSW is up near the very top of that list.

Anyways, Patrick Stump. He's channeling his love of funk (seriously) and a stripped down version of his new sound. It's a little slow, but it's got soul, and I want more of this music right now.I love his voice, especially slowed down like this, without the crazy pop-punk energy and anger that Fall Out Boy demanded.

Keep doing this, Stump. This is good, real good. It almost makes me forget that Fall Out Boy is gone. Give me a few more guitar solos, a lot more piano, keep that voice coming, and we'll be alright.

No comments: