Sunday, August 22, 2010

Designer Shades Just to Hide Your Face

I've been driving a lot lately, meaning that a lot of radio listening has happened.

So Kiss 108 in Boston plays these commercials that show they have "variety." They go something like this: "We play everything from dance (Lady Gaga) to pop (Usher) and everything in between (Ke$ha)."

Dear Kiss 108,
That's not variety. Those are three top 40 artists, and the beats all sound the same. I don't mind that you're a top 40 station - you're on my presets for those times when I just want to tune out and not listen. Stop billing yourself as variety and sell yourself for what you're good at. You play pop music, just admit it.
Love, Alex

Anyways, this means my life has been invaded by some pop lately, except in Western Massachusetts, where 107.9 becomes what sounds like a prerecorded Spanish station...

I kind of can't stand most of it, but I'm in love with that song by Mike Posner, "Cooler Than Me." It's my new pop music groove and I love, love, love it.



"You've got designer shades just to hide your face and you wear them around like you're cooler than me." Love it.

And Ke$ha's new song "Take it Off" has been on the radio. Don't care for it much, but look at the video! She brushed her hair! She looks kind of hot and there's glitter everywhere. Better than that, they have a holi powder fight. Holi is one of my favorite parts of the spring, and I just love that it's in a music video, even for Ke$ha.

No comments: