Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Pretty Reckless - Miss Nothing

So I have a lot of issues with this video and the band in general.

We can start with the fact that Taylor Momsen is 16! Only 16 and she is parading around in lingerie looking like a raccoon. A band member at Warped Tour, after seeing that Pretty Reckless was on my list of things to see ("I want to see if it's as much of a train wreck as everyone says it is") told me that every time he saw Miss Momsen, she was drunk and smoking, being held up either by body guards or the side of her bus. I want to hand her over to another Taylor, Miss Swift, for a day and hope that some sort good influence happens.

Also, Courtney Love already exists! You can't be Courtney Love, not even if you change your name to Taylor Love and marry a grunge rock star. The men in your band seem to be twice your age! Where are your parents? You're wearing lucite stripper heels with built in tip jars! Why is no one stopping you?

But I love this.


I love the sound breakdown for the bridge. I kind of love the lyrics and the rock. I love that she's a badass. It's so wrong, and I hate so many things about it, but I also love it.

What am I going to do with you, Miss Momsen? I feel like an intervention is in order, and I'm going to have to stock up on makeup remover and actual pants.

No comments: