Monday, August 9, 2010

Weezer

I don't know where to begin.

When people ask what my favorite band is, I reply Weezer. Always. The Blue Album is my favorite album and it probably always will be. That album hit me around 14, the time when an album can truly change how you view the world, and it did.

But. Lately. Look, Weezer, I will always love you. Honest and forever. But the past few years.

I loved The Red Album when it came out, I did, but then it faded off my playlist a bit. Then Raditude came, and I loved the first five songs, I really did, but the rest of it didn't really stick with me. The cover was a picture of a dog jumping over a coffee table. I think there was too much weed involved in that decision.

Your next album is called Hurley, and has a picture of Jorge Garcia on it. I don't know what to say, Weezer. I don't get it.

The first single is good, though. You can listen to "Memories" here. And this is what it's all about, the music. I don't care what it looks like, as long as the music is good.

I'm just saying I don't get it, and that I think you may have become the poster band for why weed is bad for your brain.

No comments: