Monday, January 17, 2011

New Panic! At the Disco - The Ballad of Mona Lisa

A new clip of P!ATD's (the ! is back) new single was posted on youtube.



It's pretty guitar heavy, definitely a more pop rock direction than anything they've done before. It's hard to judge from thirty seconds, but it sounds good, clear, and reaching.

I don't know if they can pull it off. I really hope they can, I'm honestly rooting for them with everything I've got, but Ryan Ross' lyrics are what made P!ATD different. I think Brendon and Spencer's music will be awesome, I have no doubt about that, but there is going to be, for better or for worse, a difference in the lyrics. It could be bad or good. I don't know.

Looking at this clip, at "New Perspective," and at The Young Veins Album, there's no doubt that the two halves of the band were going in completely different music directions. One flew east, one flew west. They could not have worked together, and a split was going to happen.

But I don't think that Panic! at the Disco can be Panic! at the Disco without Ross.

No comments: