Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Girl at the Rock Show (Number 2!)

My Chemical Romance and Blink 182 at the Comcast Center in Mansfield, MA, August 9, 2011.

So, a Megabus and a rainstorm meant that we missed Manchester Orchestra and the first few songs of My Chemical Romance. And the fact that ticket fees have gotten obscene meant that we were on the lawn. In the pouring rain. In tiny little ponchos.

So, we were cold. And we were wet. And the video on the screen didn't match up to the sound quite right and the bands were so far away that they looked like ants. Did I mention that we were standing in the pouring rain?

But these are both good bands to sing along to, and that we did. I felt like I was just watching the concert rather than participating in it though... something about being at the back of 20,000 people just doesn't feel as inclusive. There was no connection made. And ticket prices were so crazy that entire sections of seats were empty.

The bands were good, and I love live music, but I don't even feel like a concert happened.

No comments: