Thursday, August 30, 2012

At the Bottom

I was never a huge Brand New fan, due to ignorance rather than dislike, but I can't tell you how many times I've watched "Sic Transit Gloria." It was one of my favorite bad day music videos, one of those things I'd blare through headphones when I wanted to feel just a little more angry, a little more upset, a little more anything.

"At the Bottom" has only recently appeared in my life via Pandora, and it's fallen into my daily rotation. It's good, almost solid, right here and right now, because I'm not screaming angry anymore, but sometimes I'm a little dark. This fills that in some sort of steady way.

It's not a loud, screaming, running feeling anymore, but an eyes squeezed shut against the light type of bitter tension, chewing holes through the inside of my lip when I'm stressed.



"I hope that you would do this for me."

1 comment:

Dylan Tweedy said...

You always have such a brilliant way with words. :')
I love it.